1. Fill a basin with <= lukewarm water 30℃/86°F.
Fill a basin with <= lukewarm water 30°C/86°F is the ideal temperature for silk to be hand-washed.
2. Add a few drops of special detergent for the silk delicates.
We recommend TENESTAR as the brand of specialized silk cleaner agents for our products. Woolite and other mild detergents can also be used.
3. Let the garment soak for three minutes.
Soak the silk item and leave it to soak for three minutes.
4. Agitate the delicates around in the water.
Take the silk item and gently plunge it up and down in the water to move the water through the fabric and wash out any dirt or residue. This motion simulates the motion of a washing machine but is much more gentle.
5. Rinse the silk item <= lukewarm water (30℃/86°F).
Take the silk item out of the water and rinse the silk item under the clean water till it runs clear, and all the detergent soap suds have been washed out.
6. Use a towel to soak up water after the wash.
Use a clean white towel to soak up the moisture from your silk item, but don’t rub or wring the thing.
7. Hang the garment to dry.
Hang dry if possible; however, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
Note: For a knitted item or cashmere item, it should be laid flat to dry. A drying rack basket recommended.